It is a place that holds the entire history of the Caste War, an event that was led by ancient Mayan habitants in 1847 to win their freedom from the Spanish, as well as abolishing the oppression of the government and wealthy landowners.
LOCATION: Located 78 km. from Felipe Carrillo Puerto taking 293 Highway.
ATTRACTIONS: Some of the activities you can enjoy:
- Visit the Museum of the Caste War
- Visit the Colonial Church “The Divine Child”
- Stroll through the colonial streets
- Customs and Traditions
- Typical Gastronomy
- Visit to Cenote
- Raising Quail
- Traditional Medicine
- Soap making
- Handmade traditional toys.
- Manufacture of sisal bags.
- Traditional Music and Dance
- Stories in Maya
- Local bilingual guides (Maya-Spanish)
The traditional Mayan milpa (cornfield).